Thursday, September 23, 2010

London Time!

 First, I just have to get this off my chest: I absolutely hated the shoes from Fashion East...they look like something my dad would wear on vacation. Call me old-fashioned but I love a high-heel.

Now that that's out of the way, here's my rundown of some standout designers from London Fashion Week:
Meadham Kirchoff- a whimsical, yet perverse, marriage of a gothic easter bunny to a naughty Alice in Wonderland. This collection definitely brought life, energy and theatrics to the LFW stage.


Mary Katrantzou- Dainty and yet still daring;  like a housewife gone mad with lampshades, chandeliers and curtains.

Burberry = love. The perfect integration of bad-ass with femininity. THE collection of London Fashion Week, but that's just my opinion, of course.

Christopher Kane- The most energizing color palette! LOVED the shoes.

Giles Deacon- Interesting poodle-puffed headpieces, but enjoyed the colors and I always love a good juxtaposition, like glammed-up sneakers and mini-dresses.

Sass & Bide- I'm always a fan of hardware and statement necklines. Both of which were present in this collection.  I REALLY was impressed with the strength of these pieces.

Matthew Williamson- Yes please! I'd like to pack this collection up and carry it with me for the rest of my life. I'm a sucker for fringe and shine, but not only that I felt that this collection was so complete I could actually make a wardrobe out of it. Kudos Mr. Williamson!

Interesting fact: Although I still, of course, have not had the opportunity to watch everything I did notice a few full-figured models on more than one of London catwalks...hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment