Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fashion Foreplay...

that's what the FNO fashion show was for me this evening...Now that I've had a taste, I'm only left lusting for more, more, MORE


I sat in bed with eyes as big as frisbees glued to the laptop screen. With my Twitter application on standby I was counting down the seconds more eagerly than New Years Eve. And then I took it all in... at least as much as I possibly could in the "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" presentation of the show. But I don't mind a fashion quickie, especially as a prelude to the much-anticipated shows coming up within the next week.

Andre Leon Talley and Hanneli Mustaparta led the evening's affairs as host and hostess of the event. ALT was, of course, his usual ferociously fashionable self, but I was a little disappointed in Hanneli's anchoring skills (she did look gorgeous in that Proenza Schouler dress, though!)



The Lincoln Center was a genius choice of venue for a show like this; the concentric design of the runway left my head spinning in ecstasy. The dramatic parade of the models began as they arrived in style on a Fashion's Night Out double-decker bus. Led by Gisele, models poured onto the runway one after another in a dizzying fashion (no pun intended...no, really) and filled the Center with looks of tartan in tweed, military chic, nomadic whimsy, 50s sophistication and jazz-age cool. 


And to polish off the evening, a surprise performance by Pharell; who then led Naomi Campbell (in a stunning gold-sequined Oscar de la Renta gown) in the finale walk back to a bus full of frolicking models.

I'll definitely be combing over the Vogue website tomorrow to see the detailed profiles for each of the looks shown tonight. 
Call me a fashion whore, but I just can't get enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment